Image Courtesy: Ryan
Owing to the humid climate in Kerala, medicinal plants along with other flora thrive and populate the land. As their sheer population is on the rise, the development of Ayurveda is also evident. With Ayurvedic resorts and spas, Kerala is the home of Ayurvedic medicine.
1. Carnoustie Ayurveda and Wellness Resort
One of the most lavish Ayurvedic resort in Kerala is the Carnoustie Ayurveda & Wellness Resort at Marari beach. As a customer you’ll be pampered and offered the best in treatment using Ayurveda and Naturopathy. 7, 14, and 21 day Ayurvedic packages are available.
- Tariff: Rates start from around 290$ per night, plus tax.
- Carnoustie Ayurveda & Wellness Resort
2. Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort
If you’re on the lookout for a private and secluded Ayurvedic therapy experience, the Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort should feature on the top of your list. Located right by, you guessed it right, the beach and the Karamana lake, near Trivandrum, the resort’s ayurvedic therapy is one of the most cost-effective ones in the state. Various rejuvenation packages are available.
- Tariff: Room rates start from $30 per night including breakfast.
- Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort
3. Kairali Ayurvedic Healing Village Health Resort
With over 50 acres of land available for housing it’s customers in the Palakkad district of Kerala, the Kairali Ayurvedic Healing Village is truly a small village. With cottages available as accommodation, the ayurvedic village ensures that all its customers rejuvenate themselves in the most authentic way possible. Packages are available for numerous health concerns ranging from diabetes to detox and rejuvenation.
- Tariff: Room rates start from around $260 per night for a double, including meals, consultation, one Ayurvedic herbal oil therapy, yoga and meditation.
- Kairali Ayurvedic Healing Village
4. Somatheeram Ayurvedic Health Resort
A unique body and mind restoration therapy program is offered at Somatheeram Ayurvedic Health Resort, near Kovalam. The resort offers a more holistic experience with Ayurveda, Yoga and cultural programs in the evening. Seven night rejuvenation packages start from around $1,200.
- Tariff: Room rates start from $60 per night, during the monsoon season.
- Somatheeram Ayurvedic Health Resort
5. Sarovaram Ayurvedic Backwater Health Center
A product of the family legacy of Ayurvedic doctors, the Sarovaram Ayurvedic Backwater Health Center is a budget Ayurvedic therapy resort. Located right on the water’s edge near Kollam, the center treats its customers to houseboat rides, yoga and meditation sessions, and dance performances. Tailor made Ayurvedic packages are offered.
- Tariff: Rooms starting from 2,590 rupees ($60) a night, including breakfast.
- Sarovaram Ayurvedic Backwater Health Center
6. Kalari Kovilakom
If you’re looking for a complete Ayurvedic makeover to life and don’t mind spending the extra buck, the Kalari Kovilakom is the place to be. You are completely isolated from the outside world digitally to aid in your attempt to find yourself at Kalari. The resort offers deep cleansing Ayurvedic therapy.
- Tariff: 14 night packages start from around $6,800.
- Kalari Kovilakom
7. Ideal Ayurvedic Resort
As the name suggests, this resort is ideal for Ayurvedic therapy and medicine. With several coconut trees covering the land surrounding the resort, it adds to the ambience of Ayurvedic therapy. The accommodation isn’t of a high standard but the therapy is of the highest standard. Rooms, without treatment, start from around $30 per night.
- Tariff: 14 day rejuvenation packages start from around $1,700.
- Ideal Ayurvedic Resort
8. Shin Shiva Ayurvedic Resort
Another budget option, Shin Shiva is a casual resort that may not have the best infrastructure but has professional doctors with several years in experience tending to your needs. The founder of the Ayurvedic health center was one of the successors in a family with a 400 year old tradition in Ayurvedic treatment.
- Tariff: Rooms start from $65 per night, for a double in the low season.
- Shin Shiva Ayurvedic Resort
9. Ayurveda Yoga Villa
One of the few Ayurvedic resorts that offer a formal training in Kalari martial arts along with Ayurvedic treatment and Yoga. The location of the resort in the lush Wayanad district of Kerala, adds to the serene ambience on the path to inner discovery. Teachers and doctors are properly trained, and the staff very caring.
- There’s a herbal garden and shop on the premises.
- Ayurveda Yoga Villa
10. The Gateway Hotel, Varkala
One of the premier hotels in Varkala, The Gateway Hotel has one of the best Ayurvedic massage and spa sections. They are well equipped with required infrastructure, cozy rooms that overlook the Arabian Sea. With Kappil beach close by, it is a great Ayurvedic Resort to accommodate yourself in.
- Tariff: INR 4,500 per night onwards, luxury rooms go up to INR 9,500 per night
- The Gateway Hotel, Varkala
Kerala and Ayurveda go back centuries to the ages when people found magic flora that could heal the body. Ever since, neither the land of Kerala nor the lineage of Ayurvedic practitioners have disappointed.
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!