The Andaman Islands are one of the most well-known places in India, and are one of the nicest tourist destinations. This is a group of small and big islands, which are situated in the east of India in the Bay of Bengal. However, this place attracts many people due to its vast natural beauty. This place has fabulous beaches, wonderful small mountains and is one of the best places to enjoy in the water. Here, we will discuss some of the 10 best places to visit in Andaman, which every tourist should definitely visit:
1. Viper Island
Viper Island is an island in Andaman, which got its name particularly because of many snakes inhabiting there earlier. This island is near the Port Blair islands. Many tourists visit Viper Island and have lots of enjoyment here. Viper Islands has a lot of historical importance and there are many natural and picturesque places.
- It lies in the Southern part of the Andaman
- There are very less snakes now on this island
2. Marina Park and Aquarium
The Marina Park and Aquarium is famous for its diverse exhibits. The museum reflects some of the most exotic aquatic life. Different types of fishes are found here including large whales, dolphins and other endangered fishes. Aquatic life enthusiasts like to visit this place.
- This place is also known as ‘Samudrika Marine Museum’
- This museum is having many of the different fishes
3. Radhanagar Beach
Radhanagar Beach is one of the most visited beaches in Andaman. It has very beautiful blue water and an eye catching sunset panorama. There are different types of Hotels near the beach where one can enjoy some delicious food including special sea food.
- One of the magazines named it as Asia’s Best Beach.
- Sea food of large variety is found here.
4. Limestone Caves
Limestone Caves are located at Baratang. These cave are fabulous and they are really a natural wonder. These caves are near to an area where one can find an indigenous tribe named “Jarawa”. The shapes of these cave are amazing. These limestone caves are really a fantastic place to visit for tourists.
- It is a very good spot to enjoy the natural beauty of this region
- One needs to go by boat to visit this place.
5. Cellular Jail
Cellular Jail is one of the prominent places in Andaman which has a great historical prominence. Britishers used to imprison the freedom fighters here. This used to be one of the strongest prisons and it was very difficult for any person to escape from here. This is one of the much recommended places to visit.
- This place was known as Kaala Paani during British India
- Freedom fighters who were lodged in this jail were Veer Savarkar and Batukeshwar Dutt.
6. North Bay Beach
North Bay Beach is a very wonderful place. Walking near the sea and watching the Octopus’s Garden is a very thrilling thing to do, which many of the tourists enjoy. One does not need to know swimming to go into water as the water-level here is quite shallow. Youngsters simply love this place.
- This is a rare place in India which offers under water walking experience
- It’s totally a safe experience here
Diglipur is a very nice place to visit. It is one of the largest towns in North Andaman Islands. The highest peak in Andaman named “Saddle Peak” can be easily seen from here. Many of the infrastructural facilities like transport, health and educational service are well-developed here.
- Kalpong River in Andaman is very close to this area
- Many attractive spots are found here
8. Mount Harriet and Madhuban
Mount Harriet and Madhuban is a very nicely forested area here. This area has a large number of elephants which are domesticated and involved in trading activities. Tourist can even enjoy an elephant ride here. There are large species of birds found here.
- Large number of people visit this place in Andaman
- This is one of the rare forested areas in Andaman
9. Rajiv Gandhi Water Sports Complex
Many tourists have a great fascination for this place. Different types of activities enjoyed by the people here are Jet Ski & Banana rides, speed boats, speed boat cruise, scuba diving, etc. Various people from different parts of the globe visit this place and have a wonderful water-sports experience.
- Speed boat cruise and scuba diving are most-liked tourist activities
- This is the most recommended place in Andaman
10. Bharatpur Beach
Bharatpur Beach is near Neil Islands, which is a very famous tourist spot in Andaman. It is a beautiful beach with nice shores and coral reefs. The sunrise and sunset is awesome and people love to watch it. It is very soothing and calming to walk on this beaches, which gives immense pleasure to the tourists here.
- Many people can be seen here on weekends
- This is very clean beach in Andaman
These are the 10 best places to visit in Andaman. Many tourists like to visit these places in Andaman.
Thanks for visiting 10tips!