Image courtesy: Ian Brown.
Haryana is the state in Northern India and it is located at the foothills of Aravalli (range of mountains). Haryana was once a part of state Punjab but in 1966 it became a separate state, encompassing New Delhi on 3 sides. The state is known for its extravagant culture, historical places and religious spots. Chandigarh is the shared capital of two states: Haryana and Punjab which in itself is one of the best tourism spots. Here we are listing 10 best places to visit in Haryana:
Kurukshetra is a precious city having great historical value. It is the land of the famous mythological battle of ‘Mahabharata’. Kurukshetra is the place where pious ‘Bhagvat Gita’ was narrated by Lord Krishna during the battle of Mahabharata. The city offers unforgettable holy tourism depicting magnificent Indian elegance and culture. Jyotisar, Brahmasrovar, Sthaneshwar Mahadev Temple, Sheikh Chehli’s Tomb and Panorama Museum are some popular attractions in the city.
- Kurukshetra is situated at banks of the holy River Saraswati and River Godavari
- Famous Sannihit Sarovar is said to be the meeting point of seven tributaries of Saraswati River
Faridabad is an industrial as well as commercial hub of Haryana that is situated just 28 KMs from Delhi. The city is fenced by mesmerizing Aravalli Hills. There are loads of tourist attractions in this city but Surajkund Lake, Badkhal Lake and Dhauj Lake are some popular places that help catch a glimpse of nature and allows people to take a break from their bustling lives.
- Suraj Kund Fair is a popular fair organized annually in Faridabad
- Mughal Bridge, Nahar Singh Cricket Stadium and Aravalli Golf Course are other tourism attractions.
3. Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Gurgaon (now Gurugram) is the second-largest city in the state of Haryana that has a great amount of contribution to the industrial growth in India. The city is the hub of financial and tech world. It is home to the Kingdom Of Dreams which is believed to be India’s first live entertainment theatre. Sheesh Mahal, Mata Sheetla Devi Temple, Damdama Lake and Sultanpur National Park are the best tourism points in Gurgaon.
- Leisure Valley Park is one of the most visited places in the Gurgaon
- Oysters Beach Water Park is the best amusement park in the city
Bhiwani is an ideal location for religious tourism and the city is referred to as Mini Kashi because of the plethora of devotional places of various Gods and Goddesses. Also, the city is home to famous monument such as, Fort of Loharu, Shyamesar Tank and trance of Todar Singh who was the headman of Rajputs. Thus the city offers a great deal for family tourism.
- Shyamesar Tank is surrounded by various temples and ghats
- Bhiwani is Indian district in the state of Haryana
The city of steel, Hisar is situated at a travel distance of around 65 KMs from Delhi. It is also known for its automobile and textile industry but at the same time, the city has a plethora of enchanted locations to explore. Asirgarh Fort, also known as Hansi Fort attracts people towards it. Tourists have a great time exploring the locations like Firoz Shah Palace, Barsi Gate, British Palace and many more.
- Agroha Dham is one of the most popular sacred and religious spot in District Hisar
- Best time to visit Hisar
6. Morni Hills
Morni Hills is a beautiful Hill station in the state of Haryana that is an ideal getaway destination for all travellers that want to enjoy the exotic natural scenery. This hill resort offers boating, trekking, rock climbing and hang gliding. These activities can turn your getaway into an adventurous trip. The state government has established this Adventure Park to boost tourism.
- Morni Hills is a perfect picnic or one day trip destination
- Gurudwara Nada Sahib is the popular religious place nearby Morni Hills
The city Rohtak is home to various sightseeing locations and getaway resorts. You can find from semi-luxurious to high-end accommodation and food places in this city. Tilyar Lake is an exotic place surrounded by lots of greenery. Travellers can enjoy watching jackals, wolves, leopards and many more animals at Rohtak Zoo. The city attracts tourists from all across India.
- Gurudwara Shri Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib is a renowned holy place in Rohtak
- Important things about Rohtak
Karnal is a lovely city and is known as the “Rice Bowl of India”. Popular for its lush green gardens, Karnal has a historical significance because it is believed that the city was established by Karana- 6th brother of the Pandavas. There are plenty of sightseeing spots and religious spots. Karnal Lake is the most popular attraction among them all.
- The city has top research institutions such as IARI, NBAGR, CSSRI and many more.
- The Atal Park in Karnal can give you a soothing experience to enjoy the nature
Panchkula is a well-planned city in India and this city also holds the reputation of being the satellite city of Chandigarh. It offers a lush green environment and house a thick forest region. Mansa Devi Temple, Cactus Garden, Chattbir Zoo and Ramgarh Fort are major tourist attractions in Panchkula. Pinjore Garden is a popular destination in the city Pinjore that is merely 15 KMs from Panchkula.
- Morni Hills is situated in Panchkula
- Panchkula Cactus Garden is largest succulents garden in Asia
Chandigarh is the capital of two states Punjab and Haryana. It also holds the reputation of being the best-planned city of India. There are many exciting spots to explore. It is the hub of manicured gardens, beautiful lakes, high-end malls, best local markets, museum and colonial architectural buildings. The tourists can enjoy the amazing nightlife in the ‘City Beautiful’ as there is a plethora of clubs and other party places.
- Rock Garden and Sukhna Lake are the most popular places to explore in the City
- Chandigarh is popular as ‘The City Beautiful’
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!