Image courtesy: Robin Browne.
Himachal Pradesh is one of the most scenic state in India and is also known as- The land of snow. Himachal Pradesh is fenced between the charming Himalayan peaks in the North India and is extremely important from the tourism point of view. It is home to the mesmerizing lakes, snow-capped mountain ranges, prominent religious spots, and waterfalls. Thus, Himachal Pradesh is a perfect tour destination for locals as well as foreign tourists who love being surrounded by nature!
Kullu is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Himachal Pradesh. The town Kullu is located at the Beas River in the Kullu Valley. In Kullu, the tourists get to enjoy the picturesque scenes of snow capped mountains, mesmerizing rivers, pine and Deodar forests. Basheshwar Mahadev Temple, Raghunathji Temple and Bijli Mahadev Temple are some religious spots in Kullu.
- Parvati Valley is known as paradise of the town Kullu
- Best Places to Visit in Kullu
Manali is an enchanting town surrounded by snow covered mountains in the Kullu district. It is the most preferred destination for Honeymoon goers and is called the lover’s paradise. You can enjoy mesmerizing natural views and visit thick forests over there. Zorbing and Paragliding in Manali are must do activities.
- Rohtang Pass is the best route for activities like skiing and trekking
- Ice chilled water rafting in Manali is yet another best activity for adventure lovers
Shimla is the capital of Himachal Pradesh and probably is the most popular Indian hill station for honeymooners and for family trips. The city offers enchanting mountain views of Himalayan peaks, lush greenery, and lakes. Shimla is the best tourism spot that attracts tourists from all over the year. Jakhoo Hill, Shimla State Museum, Summer Hill, and The Ridge are some popular places to visit in Shimla.
Dharamsala is popular for its gorgeous sightseeing locations and it is also famous among the tourists for the presence of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama’s residence. It is situated in Kangra Valley and is surrounded by hills and dense Deodar and cedar trees. According to the different altitudes, Dharamsala is separated into upper and lower divisions. This hill spot has lot to offer to the tourists.
- To learn Buddhism and Tibetan Culture, Dharamsala is among one of the best places
- Dal lake, Dharamkot, Bhagsu Waterfall and Triund are some best places in Dharamsala
Kasauli is actually the cantonment hill spot which is situated on the way of Chandigarh to Shimla route and fenced by beautiful Himalayan range. It is a small tranquil hill station where tourists can have a relaxing getaway in the lap of nature. Sunset Point, Christ Church, Dagshai, Gurkha Fort, and Timber Trail Resort are main attractions of Kasauli.
- Kasauli is the main weekend destination for Punjab and Haryana residents
- It is best for trekking and nature walks
Dalhousie is situated in western part of Himachal Pradesh and this beautiful hill station houses mesmerizing sightseeing locations. Beautiful hill views, lakes, and the scenes of pine, oak and Deodar forests create heart throbbing atmosphere for the nature lovers. Various adventure activities are also offered in Dalhousie.
- Valley of Khajjiar near Dalhousie is another popular tourism spot in Himachal
- Dainkund Peak, Panchpula, Bakrota Hills and Ganji Pahari are main attractions in Dalhousie.
Khajjiar is yet another gorgeous hill station situated near Dalhousie and is known as the ‘Mini Switzerland of India.’ It is a perfect tourism spot with mesmerizing scenes of tranquil lakes, forests, and pastures. Khalatop Wildlife Sanctuary amidst the oak and coniferous trees offers a glimpse into the wild life and you get to see deers, leopards, jackals and many other animals over there.
- Khajjiar Lake and Ground, Panch Pandav Tree and Khajji Nag Temple are best tourist attractions
- Mount Kailash view from Khajjiar is definitely the best thing you will ever see.
Mcleodganj is a prominent hill station located near upper Dharamshala and is popular for its trekking routes. Mcleodganj is surrounded by the snow-capped Dhauladhar peaks (Mountain chain in India). This hill spot is a perfect tourism destination for natural, spiritual, and adventurous tour.
- It is the home to a large Tibetan population
- Best places to visit in McLeod Ganj
Chamba is a lovely hill station in Himachal Pradesh that has a lot to offer to the tourists. It is home to the heart throbbing mountains, lakes, temples, and even monasteries. Chamera Lake, Manimahesh Lake, Chamba Central Park, and the Church of Scotland are some popular places to visit in Chamba.
- Chamba houses one of the largest monuments- Rang Mahal.
- Tundah Wildlife Sanctuary is located in the District Chamba
Kufri is located in the District of Shimla in the state of Himachal Pradesh. This hill station is surrounded by the mesmerizing Himalayan peaks and offers scenic views almost throughout the year. Apart from the picturesque views, Kufri is also known for its trekking routes among the trekkers.
- In February, an annual winter sports festival is organized in Kufri .
- The Himalayan Nature Park, Kufri Fun World and Mahasu Peak are some popular attractions of Kufri
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!