Image courtesy: umesh ahuja.
Chhattisgarh falls under the category of fast-developing states lying in the central mainland of India. A considerable amount of electricity and steel is produced in this state is supplied to many parts of the country. Chhattisgarh has emerged out to be a very nice destination for the tourists. The state has some wonderful waterfalls, plateaus, monuments and many more that lure tourists from all over the world. Let us see some of the 10 best places to visit in Chhattisgarh:
1. Kawardha Palace
The Kawardha Palace is spread over a large area of land of about 11 acres of lush green area. This palace looks royal and is magnificent in appearance. The interior of the palace is made of stones and marbles making it a sight to behold. The architecture of the palace is inspired by a combination of Italian and Mughal architecture. This palace pleases many of the tourists.
- The palace is located at the height of 941 meters above the sea level
- This palace is built by Maharaja Dharamraj Singh
The Bilaspur city is a very charming place to visit in Chhattisgarh. This place is blessed with scenic beauties like hills and forests. One can find some of the ancient forts which are brilliant works of architecture. The bubble island is visited by many of the tourists here for amusement. The origin of river Sone from Sonmuda place fascinates many tourists
- “Deorani-Jethani” temple is very famous in Talagram region here
- Kabir Chobutara is a very important place for many of the saints
3. Kailash And Kutumsar Caves
The Kailash and Kutmsar Cave is a large cave situated in a dense forest which was undiscovered until recently. The cave provides a thrilling experience to tourists. The stalactites and stalagmites present in the cave are awe-inspiring. However, there are restrictions where one cannot go beyond a certain point due to the low level of oxygen. If you’re the kind of person in search of a little bit of thrill and mystery then go ahead and visit the Kailash and Kutmsar cave.
- This is one of the recently discovered cave in 1993 year
- Kailash and Kotumsar Caves is the second longest natural caves in the world
Ambikapur is a beautiful city in the state of Chhattisgarh. The city is among the developed city present in this state. There are different educational institutes, industries and other attractive places situated here. One can see a network of transportation, where people can easily travel to different locations easily.
- The name Ambika is derieved from the Hindu goddess Ambika Devi
- This is the largest city in the Chhattisgarh state.
5. Gadiya Mountain
The Gadiya Mountain happens to be an exclusive place for many of the tourists. The lush green forest and the winding roads running through the mountain hypnotise many tourists. The festival of Mahashivratri is celebrated with great enthusiasm here, people appear in large numbers to join the celebration.
- The Kandra dynasty had their capital in the Gadiya Mountain
- The water tank here is believed to be never dried
6. Chitrakot Waterfall
The Chitrakot Waterfall is a very amazing place which tourists cannot miss when visiting Chattisgarh. The spectacular view, of the water falling from a great height is what attracts tourists. The view is breathtaking and many tourists visit this place to create beautiful memories.
- The Chitrakot Waterfalls is also popularly known as “Niagara Falls of India”
- The height of the waterfall is 96 feet
The Kanker region is located in the foothills area. The lush green forest, swift-flowing rivers can easily bring upon a bit of serenity in any person. One can enjoy the beauty of nature in this region. The Sai temple near the Shitlapara is visited by many tourists coming here.
- The Kanker Palace was earlier known as Radhanivas Bagicha
- Here Wood Carvings and the Bamboo items are found in plenty
8. Maitri Bagh
The Maitri Bagh park was built by Bhilai Steel plant. This garden shows the friendly relations between Russia and India. The park has proved to be one of the main picnic spots for the people living nearby. Tourists coming from outside are also fascinated by this park. The boating facility in the lake is a very unforgettable yet pleasing experience in itself.
- Maitri Bagh garden is the biggest garden in the Chhattisgarh
- This garden is spread across 111 acres of land
The Dantewada is well-known because of the popular Dateshwari Temple situated here. The Dantewada is one of the fifty-two sacred Shakti Peethas, which causes many tourists to visit this place in large numbers every year. The town itself is named after the Goddess Danteshwari. The scenic beauty of this place makes it worth visiting.
- Rivers like Shabhari, Godavari and Indravati flows through this region
- The hill tops of Kailash Nagar and Aakash Nagar are famous here
10. Rajpuri Waterfall
The Rajpuri Waterfall is a very fantastic place. The water flows very gently from the top of the lush green forests, luring tourists. The tourists come in large numbers in the initial days of rains. The rich natural beauty is very exotic to look at. This waterfall has seen a sizable increase in the number of tourists in the last few years.
- There are many of the tribal villages nearby this waterfall
- This place is around 3 km away from Bagicha district
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!