Image courtesy: Renaud Camus.
Arunachal Pradesh is one of the larger states in the north-east region of India. The state is also known as the “Orchid State of India”. This place has some nice places to travel to. Due to the natural beauties like mountains, valleys, rivers, etc. the tourists are heavily attracted to this place. The tourists really feel very calm and happy when visiting Arunachal Pradesh. However, the tourists should not do few things in order avoid problems and instead make their travel safe. Lets check some of the things to avoid in Arunachal Pradesh:
1. Travelling In Bad Weather
The state has many nice places to visit. However, sometimes here in Arunachal Pradesh, there are heavy rains in some regions, which make it difficult for people to travel. Also, the region experiences fog in the morning which really blurs visibility. This may lead to unwanted accidents which can be fatal. So do avoid going out in bad weather.
- The region in the mountains is very uncertain with regards the weather
- The rainfall in the mountainous areas is very high
2. Staying In Little-Known Hotels
There are few hotels to stay in the Arunachal Pradesh. Also, one cannot depend totally on a particular hotel. There are many hotels where you may not get the basic amenities properly like food, hot bathing water, electricity, etc. So, you should always collect prior information regarding the hotels, which can satisfy your basic requirements.
- Beware of some of the hotels that may overcharge you
- There are a few nice hotels avalable for the tourists coming here
3. Travelling To Unknown Places
Arunachal Pradesh is a big state and there are many panoramic places which really lure the tourists. Many places are really very amazing which can relax your mind while travelling. However, there are some tricky places which the tourists should avoid going as you may find the return path difficult. So, do travel to the well-known places only.
- Some of the places are also dangerous as there are few robbers who may rob you
- The diffculty in understanding the local language may cause you some trouble
4. Eating Unknown Food Items
Most of the tourists come to Arunachal Pradesh from quite far. They may have their own eating habits. The food style in Arunachal Pradesh is a little different which some tourists may like or some may not like. So, if you are unaware of the food in Arunachal Pradesh then better avoid eating it, instead of landing in any trouble. Eating the known food items is the best option.
- Some tourists have difficulty in eating some of the local dishes here
- Bamboo Shoot Fry, Poora Haah, Fish Stew, Rice Beer, etc. are some of the local delicasies
5. Disrespecting The Local Culture
There are many different tribes of people in Arunachal Pradesh. Each of the different tribes of people have a different culture. So when you are in Arunachal Pradesh do respect the local culture, their cuisine, their dance, their rituals, etc. Never disrespect the local culture, or you may get in trouble. Always respect the local culture of a visiting place.
- Nyishi, Adi, Bengali, Monpa, Wancho are some of the languages spoken in Arunachal Pradesh
- The local dance in Arunachal Pradesh is very attractive
6. Be Careful Of Sudden Rainfall
The rainfall in Arunachal Pradesh is very uncertain. It may look a sunny day in the morning and it may rain heavily in the evening. So, it is always better that you carry an umbrella while travelling in Arunachal Pradesh. There were many occasions where people have experienced heavy rainfall suddenly.
- The umbrella shops are not found at all places, they are found only in the main markets
- The rains in Arunachal Pradesh are known to cause havoc to tourist’s plans so you might have to take it easy
7. Keeping The Hotel Rooms Unlocked
When you stay in some of the hotels while travelling to Arunachal Pradesh, you should ensure that all your luggage is safe. One must not blindly depend on the hotels where you stay as most of the hotels advice you to lock the rooms properly while going out. So, it is always advisable that you lock the rooms properly when you go out, your luggage will be always safe there.
- There were some incidents where the tourists had experienced a loss of luggage while travelling
- Keep important things like ID proofs, ATM cards etc. with you while travelling
8. Keeping Large Cash Amounts
Do not keep large amount of cash with you when you are travelling. If by mistake you drop your wallet then you may loose a big amount. So, do carry less cash and keep an ATM card if in case you need more money. Also, be alert while you handle cash in public places.
- The ATM’s can be found only at important places in the Arunachal Pradesh
- Having moderate amount of cash while travelling is always better
9. Going Without Security Assurance
Some of the North East Indian states like Arunachal Pradesh are a little disturbed where occasional violent clashes between military and regional outfits takes place. You never know as to what may happen next. At these times, the tourists face a lot of problems and they are totally unaware as to what they should do next. So, before going to any place do get the security clearance.
- India and China have some disputes related to the national boundaries along Arunachal Pradesh’s intrenational border
- The Indian Security forces have always given prior intimation on the occasion of disturbances in few areas
10. Travelling On Bumpy Roads
There are some roads in Arunachal Pradesh which are well-built to travel by any vehicle. However, there are some roads which are not good for travelling. Here, you can find holes, bumps and uneven surfaces. These roads make travelling a horrible experience. The miserable travelling really turns off the mood of people. The travelling will be better if it is done on a well-built road.
- Many travelers prefer the long nice roads instead of short bumpy roads for travelling
- The government has taken some steps to improve the condition of the roads here
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!