Image courtesy: Topu Saha.
Monsoon is welcomed very warmly in India. The days before monsoons are very hot due to the scorching heat of the summer season. Be it a human, animal or plants, every individual awaits for the monsoon very eagerly in India. In India, the monsoon rainfall mostly occurs between the months of June to September. It is the monsoon, which brings the calmness, coolness, in the environment. The nature looks very beautiful during the monsoon season in India. There are some interesting things regarding the monsoon season in India. Let us see the 10 things to know about Monsoon in India:
1. Heavy Downpour
Rain, during the monsoon, is very amazing. One needs to understand that sometimes it may shower lightly, sometimes in moderately and sometimes very heavily. Many a time, it has been found that the downpour is quite heavy in some parts of India. So, one needs to follow the weather forecast while going on long distance.
- The regions like western coastal region and North East India receives heavy rainfall
- Sometimes heavy downpour has created floods in the low lying areas
2. Starts around the first week of June
The months from March to May are very hot in India due to the summer season. The hot season causes great problems for people here and there is an acute shortage of water in many parts of India. Everybody waits for the monsoon and it happens mostly in the month June that the monsoon arrives in the Indian mainland. The month of June brings much pleasure all around.
- The monsoon first arrives in the Kerala state in India and then arrives in other parts of India
- Sometime the monsoon even arrives a little sooner or later in India
3. Important for agriculture
When we talk about monsoon in India, it is the farmers in India, who awaits tremendously for the arrival of monsoon. Many regions in India has very poor irrigation facilities. So, the farmers in India depend greatly on the monsoon. On the arrival of monsoon, agricultural activities are started immediately.
- Agriculture in the main occupation of the people in India
- In many regions in India, there are rituals and traditions which are done for fast arrival of monsoon
4. Sudden Cloud Build Up
Once the monsoon arrives in India, it remains for three to four months continuously. One needs to know that it is not possible for anyone to predict the arrival of rains on any of the days. The cloud builds up for the rain is very fast. Many a time, one can see that it may be a dry shiny day in the morning and it may rain heavily in the afternoon. So, preparation for monsoon is very necessary.
- Many of the people go out unprepared for monsoon due to initial climate
- The prediction of meteorological department regarding rains in very uncertain
5. Creates many picnic spots
Apart from making the atmosphere enchanting, the monsoon also creates many picnic spots in India. One can easily see many places in India flooded by the visitors in the monsoon season. One can easily see many of the mesmerizing waterfalls, which easily allure the tourists here. The people have many of the enjoyable moments around these picnic spots during monsoon in India.
- The places like Kerala, Maharashtra, West Bengal and North East India has many of the amazing picnic spots in monsoon season
- Many of the places have become big monsoon picnic spots in India
Whenever it rains heavily during this season, some of the regions easily experience flooding. The flooding usually occurs in the low lying areas and the areas near the coasts. The regions in North India experienced flooding due to heavy rains a few years back. The low lying areas and the rivers also create heavy flooding. The flooding disrupts the life of people.
- The city like Mumbai has also experienced heavy flooding due to huge rainfall as it is nearby the coastal areas
- The regions nearby the river have experienced the rainfall very frequently
The monsoon rainfall is very uncertain in India. It is very difficult for anyone to detect the arrival of rains and the quantity of rain. The Meteorological Department predictions also prove to be wrong many times. One needs to be extra careful while stepping out of home when it rains heavily. If a person goes unprepared during monsoon season, they may face difficulties.
- Many of the people are advice to take full care during the monsoon by the administration
- The city like Mumbai has experienced uncertainty of rainfall on many occasions
8. Creates great atmosphere
The monsoon brings coolness in the atmosphere after the hot months during the summer season. The monsoon simply changes the whole atmosphere around. One can see some of the wonderful green lush mountains and the small grasses around everywhere. The humans, animals, and plants simply enjoys themselves in the beautiful season.
- In summer season the temperature in some parts of India, also goes beyond 40 degree
- Most of the schools in India have vacations in summer and the schools starts during the arrival of monsoon in India
During the monsoon season in India, lightning is very common. Although, lightning may not be seen always while it is raining, but sometimes the lightning happens. One also needs to be careful whenever it is lightning as heavy lightning causes damage to life and property.
- It is advisable that one does not stand under trees when it is lightning as it may cause damage
- The small children needs to be extra protected when it is lightning
10. Welcomed all over the country
The monsoon, being the most awaited season in India, is welcomed in all parts of India. The arrival of monsoon brings satisfaction to all the people who just had a terrible time during the summer season. Monsoon cools the atmosphere, fills the wells, rivers, lakes, and other sources of water. Monsoon simply makes the people of India happy.
- Many of the people have great plans to travel in India during monsoon season
- The satisfactory monsoon rainfall bring water all over the country
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!