Image courtesy: ch_15march.
Manipur is located in the Northeast region of India. There are various languages and dialects spoken there. The state has some of the most scenic blue hills which act as attractive tourists spots. One can even see some of the fantastic bazaars in few parts of Manipur. There are many such awesome tourists destinations in Manipur. It would be interesting to visit some unexplored places in Manipur for tourists to visit in their next trip to the Land of Jewels. Let us now see some of the 10 unexplored tourist destinations in Manipur:
1. Kangla Fort
Kangla Fort is one of the important historical sites to visit in Manipur. This was actually the fort of King Pakhangba. In old Meitei, the meaning of the word Kangla is “dry land”. This happens to be a very attractive fort in the Manipur. The architecture of the fort really intricate and beautiful which amazes tourists. The Kangla Fort is really a worth visit.
- The fort is also called as “Palace of Kangla”
- The fort was earlier not available for public viewing, now it has been opened for the public viewing
2. Govindajee Temple
The Shree Govindajee Temple in the Manipur is the temple of Lord Krishna and Balaram. It is the largest Hindu temple in Manipur. This temple has a large hall in the middle and two domes, making this temple very attractive. The front entrance of the temple directly takes the devotees to the statues of Lord. Many of the devotees visit this temple on special occasions to receive blessings.
- The temple was built by the rulers of Manipur in 1846 AD
- The temple is built with the red bricks
3. Shahid Minar
The Shahid Minar is a monument which is located at the Bir Tikendrajeet Park. The Shahid Minar recalls the memories of the great freedom fighters. The tower of Shahid Minar looks really very attractive. Many tourists visit this place with great enthusiasm. This tower can be easily visible from a far distance.
- The Shaheed Minar is 11 meter tall tower
- The administration has given several facilities for the tourists visiting here
The Langthabal is a historically important place in the Manipur and is strikingly beautiful. This place is home to various different temples which attracts many of the tourists visiting Manipur. The palace built here has some really good architecture. It portrays the old beauty palace located in Manipur.
- This place is very near from highway making it simple to reach here
- The number of tourist visiting this place has increased last few years
5. Imphal Valley
The Imphal valley is one of the hot destinations for the tourists visiting here. The view of this valley from the top panoramic. The attractive swamps and lakes is mesmerizing to many tourists visiting here. There are many rivers flowing through Imphal valley. This old ancient city of Imphal has got a lot of significance from the tourism point of view.
- The rivers flowing here includes Imphal river, Thoubal River, Iril, Sekmai river
- Almost more than 60% of total population of Manipur resides in Imphal valley
The name Bishnupur is derived from the Vishnu temple situated here. The temple is situated beautifully near the lake Loktak. It was once the capital of the Kingdom of Manipur. The Vishnu temple built here attracts many of the tourists visiting Manipur. This place is pleasant which can give you a pleasant feel. The tourists enjoy visiting this place.
- In World War II a massive battle was fought here between Japanese and Britishers
- During the festival season there are many of the devotees visiting this place
Moirang is one of the culturally rich places in the Manipur. While visiting this place youcan witness some of the local dance forms of the place. The local people are warm and welcoming. The Keibul Lamjao National Park is also an amazing park located in this place that many tourists like.
- The popular dance of Manipur named “Khamba Thoibi” dance is performed largely here
- The bronze statue of Netaji Shubhash Chandra Bose is another attractive place
Kakching is a town that apparently is one of the most agriculturally developed place in Manipur. It is located in the southeastern part of Manipur and is full of amazing temples which attracts many of the tourists from all over. There are many events conducted here during various festivals. The boat race thattakes place here is a thrilling experience altogether.
- The Krinachandra Mandir, Narasinha Mandir and Vishwanath Mandir is very famous here
- The Sekmai river is an attractive river which is visited by many tourists
9. The Lord Krishna Temple
As the name suggests, this name is dedicated to the Lord Krishna. It is also known as Iskcon Manipur. This is indeed the most popular temple in the Manipur. Many people from most parts of Manipur visit the temple. The temple has a very good architecture, it has gold-plated domes, a congregation hall, etc.. Tourists get a pleasant experience once they visit this Lord Krishna temple.
- In 1846, the temple was originally built and in 1876, it was rebuilt again
- In morning and evening hours the daily worship is regularly done
10. Khwairamband Bazar
The Khwairamband Bazar is one of the big bazars in Manipur and the main one in Imphal, the capital of Manipur. One can easily get various items here like fruits, vegetables, variety of clothes and other necessary things. The tourists should surely visit this Bazar and have a nice shopping experience here. The main feature of this market is that it is owned and manged entirely by the women of the area. Many tourists visit this Bazar.
- This market is also called as “Women Market” as only women are allowed to sell the products here
- The costs of the products are very affordable in this Bazar
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!