Image courtesy: Amit Rawat.
There are many people who simply love the monsoon season. Nature looks very happy in this season and also people all around us! Monsoon brings great comfort to everyone and the problems of heat and water get solved. Monsoon creates many new travel destinations which attract tourists from within the country and also from outside. These tourist destinations are fantastically covered with greenery everywhere. People plan different destinations for traveling during monsoon in India. If you are confused or want to know about the best monsoon destinations in India, then we have a list for you here.
1. Munnar, Kerala
Munnar is a very beautiful place in Kerala. This place is covered with mist and has very attractive greenery. This place is actually a hill station situated in the Western Ghats. Munnar looks very amazing during the monsoon, making the atmosphere very romantic. The place is being visited by many of the tourists from all around.
- The word Munnar literally means “three rivers”
- Udumalaipettai is the nearest railway station here
2. Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu
Kodaikanal is an awesome place having many attractive valleys all around. The monsoon here is very pleasing. This is a popular tourist destination. One can easily see the area getting covered with greenery which looks very attractive in rain. In monsoon, one can easily see many of the small streams of water flowing all around. Many of the tourists come here to enjoy the awesome atmosphere.
- Kodaikanal is also known as “The Gift of the Forest”
- The Kodaikanal Lake is a very attractive lake which is worth watching in the monsoon season
3. Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Andaman and Nicobar islands are being visited by many tourists every year. The beaches here are very awesome and attractive. The monsoon here is outstanding with very heavy rains lashing in the region. The region here totally gets covered with greenery and lush green mountains. The tourists here have their best enjoyable moments during this season.
- Waters sports is the main attraction of tourists in monsoon here
- It rains heavily in Andaman and Nicobar islands during the months of November-December due to rains coming from Bay of Bengal sea
4. Cherrapunjee, Meghalaya
Rain in Cherrapunjee can be seen throughout the year. The rain has given rise to many of the mesmerizing waterfalls, which has been attracting many of the tourists. This subtropical forest is covered with green all over. The mountains here are very pleasing and suitable for the trekkers. The number of tourists coming here are increasing every year.
- Cherrapunjee is the second wettest place in the world
- Khasi tribe of people are also watched by many tourists
5. Mussoorie, Uttarakhand
Mussoorie is a wonderful place located beautifully in the foothills of the Himalayas. The spectacular view of these undulating mountains is really very awesome. It is very interesting to watch the clouds appearing at the top of the mountains. The Battha and Kempty waterfalls are the most visited place here. These waterfalls look very spectacular during the monsoon season.
- The Naga Devta Temple is very nice temple visited by many people
- The Mussoorie is located at great height of average altitude around 1700 metres
6. Mount Abu, Rajasthan
Mount Abu is a great place in Rajasthan, which is visited by many tourists every year. Although it does not rain heavily here, the light drizzle creates a great atmosphere. There are many spectacular views in Mount Abu which is luring many of the tourists here. The tourist have some of the most memorable moments here.
- The earliest name of this mountain is “Arbudaanchal”
- The “Mount Abu Wildlife sanctuary” is another attractive place for the tourists here
7. Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra
Mahabaleshwar is a very fascinating place situated beautifully in the Sayadri ranges. This hill station is well-known and is flooded with tourists every year. This place looks more attractive in the monsoon season where the region gets covered with greenery and the atmosphere becomes very cool. There are many of the fantastic points here like Monkey point, Wilson point, Pratapgad, Lingmala waterfalls, and many more places. The tourists really have some enjoyable moments here.
- The forest in the Mahabaleshwar is evergreen forest
- The source of Krishna river is located in the Mahabaleshwar
8. Lahaul – Spiti, Himachal Pradesh
Lahaul-Spiti is a place to remember for the tourists. This place looks amazing in the monsoon season. The place is located in the high mountain region, the clouds can be easily seen here touching the mountain tops. The trekkers here have some very enjoyable moments. Different monasteries are also one of the many attractions for which the people come here. Many of the people, along with their friends, can be seen roaming in this amazing place.
- This place is rich in the floral and faunal diversity
- This place is sometimes closed for the tourists during the winter season
9. Ranikhet, Uttarakhand
Ranikhet is one of the most visited places during the monsoon season. The climate here is very cool and pleasant. This place looks very energetic during the monsoon season. A few small waterfalls can be easily seen all over the place in this season. People from long distances visit this place every year. The Golf Course is also worth visiting places here.
- This place is located at the big height of more than 1700 metres
- The meaning of the word Ranikhet is “Queens Meadow”
The temperature in Puducherry is quite high during other seasons; however, the place cools down very pleasantly during the monsoon season. This place looks amazing with the lush green valleys, exotic lakes, and many more things. The tourists come in large numbers in Puducherry during the monsoon season.
- This is the largest Union Territory of India
- The place is well-known for the cleanliness
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!