Image courtesy:Gowrishankar TS.
Pondicherry, the French capital of India, is a goal that offers sanctity and serenity. The city is quiet and its urban architecture, potrays the influence of the french, attracts tourists from all across the world. Other than sightseeing you don’t have to stress over what to do in Pondicherry.
Nevertheless, before we start with our rundown, this is what you need to know before you plan a trip to Pondicherry.
1. Appreciate a beautiful Sunrise:
The minor coastal city brags of some untouched and beautiful beaches. Furthermore, the city has many beachside promenades. This signifies some exceptional locations to view sunrises in the country. So try to get up as early as possible to not to miss this beautiful view.
- In any case, don’t miss the sunrise for watching the sun ascend from the huge field of the Bay of Bengal is extraordinary compared to other activities in Pondicherry.
2. Boat Ride to Paradise Beach Island at Chunnambar Boat House:
The popular setting offers boating services in Chunnambar River, with lush green plantations and backwaters in the scenery. Situated along Cuddalore Main Road, this is an extraordinary location for relaxing. One can furthermore sunbathe here and appreciate the sublime view of the sunset. The boats generally move people to the serene and beautiful Paradise Beach, otherwise known as PlageParadiso.
- Alongside boating up to the beach, there are some intriguing and exciting activities in Pondicherry, particularly this piece of the city. You can go for hiking, backwater boating, picnicking, and overnight camping in backwaters and tree houses. From here, people can likewise take short cruises to the sea. You can be fortunate to spot dolphins as well!
3. Perfect Sunrise at Ousteri Lake:
Ousteri Lake, popularly known as Osudu Lake, is the most beautiful and remarkable freshwater man-made lake of the Pondicherry district. The lake involves mucky lands and mudflats and is acknowledged as one of the prime wetlands of Asia by International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources or IUCN.
Also, the lake district and the swamps are rich in biodiversity. Consequently, the 390 hectares lake supports migratory avifauna and some native birds as well during summers as well as winters. Ousteri Lake is a paradise for nature lovers and birdwatchers!
- The lake is tranquil and one of the stupendous tourist attractions in Pondicherry attributable to its jaw dropping sunset views. Encountering heavenly magnificence of the rising sun is one of the exceptionally positioned activities in Pondicherry.
4. Scuba Diving with the Corals:
Scuba diving stands out as one of the most exciting and fun activities in Puducherry. Truth be told, Puducherry is the main diving spot on the eastern shoreline of India. The place is surrounded by natural coral reefs, man-made folds, rocky pop-ups, and plenty of marine organisms. The marine life incorporates corals, grouper, lionfish, moray eels, kingfish, manta rays, eagle, sea snakes, parrot fish, angelfish, triggerfish, bannerfish, and crustaceans.
Scuba Diving is sorted out by Temple Adventures – a 5 Star Rated PADI focus. The PADI focus offers incredible training and PADI certification courses in Scuba Diving. The courses incorporate Advanced Open Water, Nitrox, Deep, and Dive Master.
- Pondicherry offers many diving spots – Aravind’s Wall, Cool Shark Reef, 4 Corners, Temple Reef, Ravines, and The Hole and every one of them are impeccable and okay for fledglings and also professionals. The master and PADI certified aides guarantee finish direction and help amid diving movement; particularly for non-swimmers.
5. Water Activities at Paradise Beach and Karaikal Beach:
The interesting town of Puducherry does not baffle adventure freaks. Paradise Beach and Karaikal Beach are two of the most famous beaches in Puducherry for exciting water sports.
- Canoeing, Boating, backwater sailing, jet skiing, kayaking, and overnight camping along the beach are among the most audacious activities to do in Pondicherry.
6. Bicycle Tours:
Puducherry offers phenomenal and captivating guided tours around the established French states and traditional Tamil settlements in vintage bicycles. There are additionally walking tours that are regulated by English or French speaking guides. The tour envelops Muslim Quarter (otherwise known as Green Quarter), trailed by French and Tamil houses, and historical yet traditional localities. Explore the city’s design, architecture, and people on the Pondy cycle tours.
- Such bicycle trips guarantee a total snapshot of the French capital of India in two hours. Both the tours end with luxurious South Indian breakfast – chutney, idli, sambar, and filter coffee – or confirm French breakfast – jam and baguette joined by crisp juice.
7. Walk Along the Sea Front:
Puducherry is a coastal area and the Goubert Avenue beach road is the ideal location for some energizing activities you can be a part of in Puducherry with kids, such as leisure walking. You may even spot youthful couples jogging along the avenue.
- One can see the seafront crowded with tourists particularly amid sunrise and sunset.
8. Sunbathe on a Serenity Beach:
Perfect shoreline, glittering waves, golden sparkling sand, and brilliant beach shacks aggregate up to the photo of Serenity Beach in Puducherry. Adjoined by palm plantations, this stunning beach offers a relaxing vibe for tourists who for the most part visit for sunbathing and rejuvenating. This confined, tranquil, and marvellous beach isn’t at all overcrowded and stands as a spot for sightseeing in Pondicherry.
- From rocks and stones to fishermen’s boats and nets, and from splashing waves to comfortable beach shacks and cafes; the beach has it all.
9. Spoil Your Tastebuds:
Puducherry is heaven on earth for all food lovers. Experimenting with different cuisines is more exciting compared to other activities for food junkies.
- One can investigate a wide range of cuisines; the claim to fame being French food, traditional south Indian cuisine and continental delicacies. Everything is mouth-watering and incredibly delightful. Here are our suggested restaurants.
10. The Lighthouse:
There is no scarcity of alcohol and parties in this city. So party hard and get squandered, however, do it mindfully. You would prefer not to lose your head and get into a tiff with local people since they won’t be welcoming you very warmly.
- You additionally would prefer not to drive or lying on the shoreline sloshed and cause harm with the cops or so far as that is concerned, the crabs.
La Pasta: The genuine Pilgrimage for Pasta lovers and other Italian delicacies is La Pasta. This modest however exceptionally comfortable Italian eatery has practical experience in a wide assortment of Pasta sauces. Try not to miss it!
Now it is up to you which wonders you will be visiting and which you won’t. But one thing is for sure, you will be getting the best deals here.
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!