Image courtesy: Travelling Slacker.
Himachal Pradesh is one of the most popular mountain destinations in India and it attracts people who are fond of trekking. It has the most scenic beauties, attractive sightseeing locations and offers a lot to cherish for the visitors. All these specialties make Himachal Pradesh one of the most preferred locations for newlyweds too. Well, for the trekkers, we have compiled a list of 10 best trekking routes to explore in this beautiful state. Here we go!!
1. Triund Trek
The Triund Trek is one of the most scenic trekking paths in Himachal Pradesh. The entire stretch is newbie friendly and hence can be covered in 6-7 hours as it is quite a short one (merely 9 km). It offers gorgeous views of Dhauladhar ranges as well as Kangra valley. So if you are just a beginner, then this trekking spot is perfect for exploring.
- The trek can become a little difficult meanwhile
- The Indrahar pass is merely 17 km ahead this trek so if you want to be a little more adventurous so you can go ahead!
2. Bhabha Pass Trek
Bhabha Pass Trek is a tremendous trek route that you could ever imagine of. It has the altitude of over 16,000 feet and that’s why it lies in the list of the most difficult trek paths in the state. If you want to experience the scenic beauty of Kashmir, then this trek is definitely appropriate for you. The trek trails offer the views of enchanting forests, landscapes, and many more.
- At the highest point you get to enjoy mesmerizing180° view of the Bhaba and Pin valleys.
- The trek can be completed in 8 to 9 days.
3. Indrahar Pass Trek
The Indrahar Pass Trek lies in the district of Kangra and it is a wonderful route with mind-blowing scenic views. The Indrahar Pass is situated at an altitude of around 14,000 ft. The trek offers beautiful views of snow covered mountains. The trekkers uncover Triund, Ilaqa Pass and Lahesh Caves along this trekking trail. It acts as a border between Kangra and Chamba districts.
- It is one of the easy to moderate treks
- The travelers coming here get glimpse of the sacred peak of ManiMahesh Kailash as well as the snow covered Pir Panjal Ranges.
4. Kareri Lake Trek
Kareri Lake Trek is located at the altitude of 3,300 meters offering the mesmerizing views of the lake to the trekkers. It is among the most enchanting alpine treks in the state of Himachal Pradesh. It is not very difficult for the newbies as well. It can be completed within 6-7 days.
- Snow capped Dhauladhar Ranges give awesome views
- Trek begins from the Kareri village which is quite close to Dharamshala
5. Pin Parbati Pass Trek
This place offers one of the most scenic treks of the Himalayan ranges which is located over an altitude of 17,380 feet above sea level. It takes you through the narrow valleys, dense forests, and verdant meadows. It is a moderate to extremely challenging trek path and you should have the experience in trekking before you explore this path.
- The route has so much to see, such as- forests, pristine lakes as well as glaciers
- The trek can be completed in 17-20 days
6. Malana Village Trek
This trekking path begins from Kasol to Malana village. It is one of the prettiest trek routes that you will ever come across. The village of Malana is free from pollution. You will have a glimpse of natural beauty and will get a chance to breathe in the fresh air around. It is also referred to as ‘Mini Israel of India’.
- This trek can be completed in 2-3 days
- It is a suitable trek for the newbies
7. Beas Kund Trek
Beas Kund is a lake that is situated at an altitude of 3,700 meters above sea level. It trekking range has a connection with the age of the Mahabharata. It can be completed within 3 days. The itinerary will be as follows:
The trek begins from Solang Valley and proceeds to Dhundi to Bakartach on day 1 and on day 2, you will trek to Bakrathatch to Beas Kund & Back. On day 3, you need to trek from Bakkarthatch back to Solang Valley.
- This trek is considered to have the difficulty level of easy to moderate
8. Mcleodganj to Chamba Trek
The Indian state of Himachal Pradesh is well known for having the treasure of immense scenic beauty. The Mcleodganj to Chamba Trek is another popular trekking site among tourists. The route gives you a chance to see Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar mountain ranges along with various other picturesque places. You will get a chance to walk through the lush Deodar and Rhododendron forests.
- It is a moderately challenging trek
9. Deo Tibba Base Camp Trek
The Deo Tibba Base Camp Trek is a mesmerizing trekking route which is in the Manali region where lots of trek enthusiasts visit every year. The lush forests, waterfalls, mesmerizing meadows, silver birch, and the beautiful trails through rhododendrons bushes add to the beauty of this trek.
- The Deo Tibba Base Camp trek can be covered in 6-7 days
- The trek is moderate in difficulty level so beginners can also try it
10. Prashar Lake trek
The Prashar Lake Trek is another gorgeous trekking route of Himachal Pradesh. It stands at the altitude of around 2700 meters and is adored by the trek lovers because of its panoramic views. The route offers enchanting scenery of the Himalayan ranges. The trekkers can have 180 degree view of the mesmerizing Dhauladhar ranges, Pir Panjal as well as beautiful Kinnaur mountain ranges.
- The trek is easy to moderately challenging
- The trek can be covered in 2 days and 1 night.
When it comes to trekking, Himachal Pradesh is one of the states that has so many things to offer to the trek lovers and also other trek routes apart from these 10. We have presented here the best ones among many. I hope you liked this post.
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!