Image courtesy: Phalinn Ooi.
Looking for the ‘Top 10 Luxury Hotels and Resorts on the Andaman Islands? We, at 10tips understand that when it comes to planning a dream vacation to a place. And what better way to spend your holiday than relaxing at a luxury hotel or booking a room on a beach resort that caters to all that your heart desires and makes your stay a memorable one!
Here’s a list of the most popular Luxury Hotels & Resorts of Andaman Islands that would help you choose your stay options on your next trip to this tropical paradise.
1. Barefoot at Havelock:
Nestled between lush green trees, a pristine beach just a few steps away and fantastic food makes Barefoot an ideal place to unwind. Choose any of the 25 elegantly designed tents, cottages or villas and experience nature at its best!
- Dakshin by Barefoot: located close to the jetty at Havelock, this place is known for their South Indian thali. Perfect place for vegetarians too.
2. Barefoot Scuba Resort:
Another wing of Barefoot, this resort is beautiful with great snorkel locations nearby at South Button Island and Tamarind Camp.
- You can choose from sea facing rooms, duplex huts or luxury family cottages. It’s the only resort that has sea facing villas!
3. Island Vinnies Tropical Beach Cabana, Havelock:
The tented Cabanas are very unique and provide a luxurious and comfortable stay. The accommodation also offers safari style tents and comfy huts. The ‘Full Moon Cafe’ serves excellent food. The resort also offers PADI certified diver courses so you may learn to scuba dive too. Anju Coco is a popular multi-cuisine eat-out place located near the beaches 3 and 5. Try chicken schnitzel and prawns and get your taste buds salivating with their homemade chocolate cakes, muffins and nutella naans.
- Clown Fish Café: cute as the name suggests, it’s a small café that makes delicious pizzas. Located near the Andaman Bubbles dive shop, this is where people hang out most mornings and evenings.
4. Symphony Palms Beach Resort, Govind Nagar:
A fairly new resort, it provides sumptuous interiors and superb modern facilities along with some sea facing cottages. The location itself offers an unforgettable experience making you feel refreshed and relaxed.
Welcome Restaurant: located just across the market area, it offers some delicious sea food curries. Don’t forget to try their yummy prawn rolls.
- Swapan’s Grill Fish: Recommended by the lonely planet, this place is small but it serves up the best grilled fish on the whole island! Try the Red snapper with Indian herbs, Blue Travelly in butter sauce or the banana leaf fish, a recipe handed down by generations.
5. Sea Shell, Havelock:
Studded with coconut palms and a white sandy beach, this place has a rustic yet elegant modern charm to it and that’s what makes it special.
- Tucked away closest to the beach, makes it a truly romantic place to stay.
6. Munjoh Ocean Resort:
Located near the Kalapather beach, the resort is smartly maintained and has a private beach too. The cottages and rooms are spacious and have all the required amenities. Being a little away from the main Havelock Island, it makes this place ideal if you want some quiet time. Choose from Luxurious villas, suites, cottages and beach houses.
- Fat Martin Café: located on the Kalapather beach road and near to the Dolphin resort, this place serves authentic food ranging from Chinese to Israeli and Indian to South Indian. Try out ‘Shakshouka’ and ‘Malawach’. They are also famous for their shakes, mocktails and juices.
7. Emeraldo Gecko, Havelock:
Get comfy on the couches on the double story bungalows that provide amazing sea views or opt for luxury rooms that have outdoor bathrooms constructed with bamboo rafts and more. This place characterizes the word ‘Eco-Tourism’ yet provides you all the amenities you could ask for.
- ‘Black Beard’s Bistro’ serves good gourmet food while the ‘Bengali Flare’ offers a variety for spicy food lovers. Their Italian selection offers hand-made pastas and are a must try.
8. Wild Orchid, Havelock:
Even without its own private beach, the resort has a relaxing feel to it. The hammocks and the wooden cottages provide comfort and are great for a family stay. The place is located in Vijay Nagar, Havelock.
- Red Snapper: Main highlight being the bar that remains open till 11 pm, the place serves some good food too. Do try out salmon, fish tikka, masala lobster and thai curry.
9. Silver Sands, Havelock:
In the heart of Havelock Island, Andaman, stands its finest resort, Silver Sand Beach Resort. A nice family place to stay that offers a private beach and spacious villas with a rustic feel. They even organize candle lit dinners on request! Rediscover yourself amidst the lush greenery and blue lagoons! Fenced with the oldest stretch of a white sandy beach (Beach No 5), interspersed with swaying palms, a clear blue sky and the gurgle of the sea, Silver Sand Beach Resort is the ideal place to spend your best holidays.
- Fabulous interiors and superb modern facilities add to an atmosphere of discrete luxury. This full service resort offers an environment of relaxation and comfort that combines all benefits of fitness and health. It’s central convenient location close to the lagoon and its great activities aid in witnessing the richest marine biodiversity for those who would like to touch the depth of the mysterious sea world. Silver Sand Beach Resort has 39 luxurious A/C cottages and suites presenting a vista of a silent island clothed in the richest blue sea, one that captivates your mind & senses the fascinating scenario.
10. Eco Villa Palm Beach, Govind Nagar, Havelock:
Located near the harbour, this place offers nice surroundings, thatched roof huts and an earthy feel to the area. A perfect place to relax and unwind! The resort is spread on 1.5 acres of land adjoining the sea in Govindnagar Village. The distance of cottages and huts are 1 to 5 meters from the beach offering a breathtaking view of the Andaman Sea, lush landscapes, coconut palms, and unspoilt beaches.
- With its exotic tropical beauty and relaxing hospitality, this getaway is the perfect place to enjoy, relax and rejuvenate the mind, body and soul.
The guests can enjoy the facilities and benefits of a shared kitchen and shared lounge/TV area. The property features a garden and terrace area. The guests can approach the tour desk for currency exchange and car rental services. The property offers luggage storage as well. Room service is available.
Your trip to the island will not be complete without a mouth-watering dose of it’s sea food. While the high end luxury resorts and beautiful cottages may provide you with comfortable stays, there will be times when you would love to explore the local cuisine and the exotic sea food. So just head out whenever you wish to do so and you are sure to find new shops and eateries to satiate your taste buds. From the large selection that we have suggested and the new places you may discover by yourself, your whole experience will surely be a fabulous one. We welcome you to post your suggestions on new places to eat and stay in Andamans to us on our blog as well.
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!