Winter vacations are just around the corner so it is the best time to fix a destination. If you are looking for some good winter getaway destinations then this article will help you to choose from the amazing options available.
If you want to relax on a calm and clean beach then you must visit Mandarmani. This place is not so far from Kolkata. It actually lies in the East Midnapore district and on the northern tip of the Bay of Bengal. Mandarmani is currentlya fast developing seaside destination. it is just about 170 km from Kolkata. The special attraction of this place is watching the red crabs crawling around the 13 km long beach.
- Mandarmani is 170 km away from Kolkata.
- You can take a bus or a cab or you may drive to reach Mandarmani in approximately 4 hours via NH6 and SH4
Raichak is ideal for a day trips in winters. It is one of the most visited places near Kolkata. Raichak is located on the banks of the Hooghly river in Diamond Harbour town in South 24 paraganas district. while visiting Raichak you must not miss The F fort. This fort continues to be one of the most beautiful forts in all of India, especially after its restoration. The fort was originally built back in the colonial era for keeping a watch over River Hooghly.
- Raichak is near about 50 km from South Kolkata, and almost 15 km from Diamond Harbour. It will take about 2.5 hours to reach.
- You can drive in a car or if you are going for a picnic in a group then you may also rent a bus too.
Bakkhali is a seaside hamlet in Namkhana, in Kakdwip, South 24 Paragana. Bakkhali’s 7 km long coastline is not just the most stunning view of the sea merging into the land, but is also very sparsely populated, which accentuates its beauty. You can enjoy a stunning and eye pleasing view.
- It is almost 125 km from Kolkata. You can reach there under 5 hours via NH12
Bishnupur is famous across India for its terracotta temples and Baluchari sarees. It is a flourishing town from an artisan’s point of view. You can find various temples all around this place. You can experience the unique crafts and artistic vibes here.
- Bishnupur is almost 150 km from Kolkata.
- It will take around 4 hours via Bankura – Beliator – Sonamukhi – Khandaghosh – Nischintapur Rd and SH 2
This is the place where the great Rabindranath Tagore first started Patha Bhavan. If cultural surroundings attract you, then Shantiniketan has to be your ideal destination for a short gateway from Kolkata. Shantiniketan is a small town near Bolpur in Birbhum district, West Bengal. You can visit Tagore museum and the art gallery. You can also find and buy some handicraft items known as Dokra.
- Shantiniketan is around 160 km far from Kolkata and 3 km from Bolpur.
- It will take around 4 to 5 hours to reach Shantniketan via NH19 and NH114
The Ichamati River is one of the main attractions in Taki. Be it sunrise, sunset, the countryside or the fishermen working their boats, it provides a spot to relax and soak in the views. There are many places worth visiting in Taki such as the Golpatar forest, Kuleshwari Kali Bari, Mach Ranga island, Roy Chowdhury’s Zaminder house.
- Taki is roughly 70 km away from Kolkata via Basanti Highway. It will take 2 to 2.5 hours to reach Taki by car.
- You may also go there by train from Sealdah to Taki station.
Chandipur is situated in Balasore, Odissa.
- Chandiout 250 to 260 km from Kolkata via NH16 it will consume 5 to 5.5 hours.
- you can also go there by train. In that case you have to reach Balasore station and from there you have to rent a car or taxi.
Sundarban is renowned for the Royal Bengal Tiger. It is actually a mangrove. The name ‘Sundarban” is for the mangrove tree “Sundari”. This forest is full of adventure and fun. Sundarban is actually the pride of India, and is the thickest Mangrove forest in the world and the largest delta on Earth.
- Sundarban is well connected by rail route also. the nearest station is Canning. You can board a local train that runs every hour from Sealdah. It is almost 109 km or 3 to 4 hours journey from Kolkata.
Mukutmanipur is located in the Bankura district and it is at the confluence of two lively rivers, Kumari and Kangsabati. If you want to enjoy river side picnics and water dams then this is a nice place for you to visit. You can go for boating and go to the middle of the huge water body. There is a island in middle of the water and there is a deer park known as “Bonpukuria Deer Park” which is also quite popular and you can reach there by boat.
- It will take about 6 hours which is almost 217 km via Bankura – Beliator – Sonamukhi – Khandaghosh – Nischintapur Rd and SH 2
Mayapur is famous for the Iskcon temple but not only that, it has a calm and splendid climate. The riverside picturesque scenary makes Mayapur a place worth visiting.
- Mayapur is just 124 km from Kolkata via NH12. it will take 3 to 3.5 hours to reach there.
Featured image courtesy: https://www.flickr.com/photos/
Thank you for visiting 10Tips