Image courtesy: Ananth BS
Karnataka is a well-known state in India. It is situated in the south-western region of India. Kannada is the most spoken language in Karnataka. This state is rich in culture, natural heritage, and human resources. There are many places in Karnataka, which have been attracting tourists from all over. Some places are well known for natural beauty, and some places are culturally rich. It will be interesting to watch the 10 Best Places To Visit in Karnataka. These places are really awesome and visited by many tourists every year. So let us now see some 10 Best Places To Visit in Karnataka:
1. Shivanasamudra Falls
Shivanasamudra is a well-known waterfall in Karnataka, in Mandya District. This waterfall gets its water supply from several parallel flowing streams meeting at a point, which appears very beautiful. The name Shivanasamudra literally means Shiva’s Sea. This waterfall is near the banks of the river Cauvery. There are several ancient temples seen near this waterfall.
- This waterfall is just 2-3 hours from cities of Bangalore and Mysore
- The first Hydro Etlectric Power station in Asia was set up in this location only
Gulbarga district is situated in North of Karnataka. Gulbarga was one of the important towns during the regime of the Sultan in the 14th century. This city is also known as the Sufi city for the numerous religious places situated here. The Khwaja Banda Nawaz Dargah is visited by many of the tourists and local people every year. There are some forts seen here which have beautiful carvings
- Gulbarga is officially called as Kalaburgi
- The rivers like Krishna and Bhima flows through this place in eastword direction
Coorg is one of the most beautiful hill stations in Karnataka. This place is also well known for its agricultural products, for the coffee plantations where coffee is produced in large quantities. This place is rich in natural wealth as well and a variety of trees are found here. Many tourists visit this place and enjoy doing trekking here. This place is also called the Scotland of Karnataka.
- Native name of this place is “Kodagu”
- There are some of the famous temples in the nearby areas which attracts the people very much
4. Nagarhole National Park
Nagarhole National Park is a well-developed National Park in Karnataka. This national park is near Kodagu in Mysore. This park has some beautiful waterfalls, forest cover, streams, etc. which has greatly attracted many of the people visiting here. People enjoy nature and have wonderful time here. This is a very nice national park.
- UNESCO is considering to select this place as the World Heritage Site
- The name of this place iderieved from naga which means snake and hole means streams
5. Jog Falls
Jog Falls is a very popular waterfall in India and also abroad. This waterfall looks very wonderful which is liked by any person. This waterfall gets its source from the Sharavati river. A hydroelectric power station has also been built on this waterfall for the hydroelectricity project. This waterfall looks very attractive.
- This waterfall is also called as “Geruoppe Falls”
- The word Joga means “Falls”
Hampi is a very beautiful place in Karnataka. This place has many beautifully built temples and buildings. The design of the temples projects the architectural excellence of the Vijayanagar kingdom. The Virupaksha temple in Hampi is very popular and many tourists come here to visit this temple. Many tourist visits here with their family and have a nice time in this place.
- Hampi is declared as the World Heritage Site by the UNESCO
- This place is situated along the banks of the Tungabhadra river
Bijapur is another place in Karnataka which is very well-known to all. This place have some of the most beautiful historical monuments where some marvelous architecture can be seen. This city was established first by the Chalukyas and after that it went under the Deccan Sultanate. This beautiful place is also blessed with five rivers flowing through it. This is really an attractive place in Bijapur.
- The official name of Bijapur is “Vijayapura”
- Narsimha temple in Bijapur is also very famous and many tourist visit this place
Mysore is one of the most attractive place in Karnataka. There are some beautiful palaces, forts and natural environment is excellent, which easily attracts the attention of many tourists. This place is also the cultural capital of Karnataka. Mysore palace is the most visited place in Mysore. Tourists really have some excellent time in Karnataka which they really cannot forget.
- Mysore is officially now called as the “Mysusru”
- Mysore is located at the base of Chamundi Hills
Mangalore is a very beautiful city situated along the western coast of Karnataka. This city is bounded in the west by the Arabian Sea, which has gifted Mangalore with some of its excellent beaches. Mangalore is also one of the major port cities in India. This city also has many industries. The tourists visiting this place likes its wonderful beaches and delicious sea food.
- Mangalore is officially known as “Mangaluru”
- The Manasa Amusement park is one of the well-known park in Mangalore
Bengaluru (earlier know as Bangalore) is a well-known city in India and in the entire world. This city is also known everywhere as the silicon valley of India. This city has the biggest IT hub in India as many of the big IT companies are operational here. Bengaluru is also the third most populated city in India. This city has always been attracting many tourists from all over the world. There are some big and beautiful gardens here, which can really mesmerize anybody. This is the most visited place by the tourist in Karnataka.
- Bangalore is officially known as “Bengaluru”
- Bengaluru is one of the cleanest metro-politan city in whole India
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!